- The 5:00 evening sun that makes the shadows long
- A hot lavender bath
- The sound and smell of rain
- Finding a quote or poem that is everything you feel
- An acoustic guitar solo blasting through your speakers while driving
- The sunset
- The sunrise
- Realizing a great moment before its over
- The soft smile that forms when you realize how okay things are
- Happy goodbyes
- Hugs that squeeze your soul
- Reflection of happy moments
- The first gulp of cold lemon water after severe thirst
- The feeling after a hard run
- Running through the rain
- Summer bridge jumps into the water
- Driving through the country
- A clean car
- The first sip of wine after a long day
- The smell of fall
- Feeling beautiful
- Coffee shops
- Reminiscing in a positive light
- Moments of clarity in the midst of the ups and downs
So lately I’ve had a lot of time to myself. This summer so far has been one of much adventure and rekindling, but also of much introspect.
You don’t need a guy in your life to be happy. Every single day I see people — my friends, my family, complete strangers…they all need someone. And sadly it disgusts me. You do not need a man in your life to be happy. You are your own happiness. You create it yourself and you go after it. If you think you need other people for your happiness to be complete, your thinking is obscured.
Don’t get me wrong – you do need other people. You need friends and family and people that you care about and who care about you. Those are the people who contribute to your happiness and walk with you through the journey. But if you are walking through life constantly thinking about the next date, the next chase, the next guy…my heart just breaks for you. There is so much more out there for you than that.
As for my other realizations, I’m not so sure what they are. I just had to get that out there since not many people seem to understand this fact of the matter. But I have learned about what I want to accomplish in this next year. I want to adventure, explore and learn as much as possible. I want to take advantage of the opportunities at my feet and make the most of them while I am able to. I’ve realized that no matter how happy you are with where you’re at, there is always room for more. And no matter how happy you are with everything currently in your life, there are always goodbyes waiting. And the trick is to not get so sad about them anymore, but rather take it as a welcoming into the next adventure ahead. Do not stay content. There is so much more waiting.